Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Notes

Eating a lango in Vienna. The boys shared one ... they are like a garlicky elephant ear.

- I've been told that if you don't have a scarf on your neck, your cold will get worse. You will possibly even catch cold.



- If you don't go for that line of thinking, they sure look great. I bought some. And a sweet new friend (Hi, JoAnn) taught me how to use them.



- I was in the changing room this week taking Sammy and Si to "tournen" (gymnastics). In the midst of moms and dads ... five women changed their pants into something more comfortable for Mommy & Me class.



- I love getting the kissy-kissy-cheek-press from my new Austrian friends. I'll miss them.



- People will stop you on the street to "scold" you for not dressing your little child warm enough. Silas is really good at getting his socks and shoes off. Did you add those two together?



- I'm worried about Silas' Afghani friend who played with him the entirety of every Thursday night. He was supposedly transferred over the weekend. He seemed so kind and lonely.



- Iranian tea is possibly the best tea ever made.



- Rice can be quite complicated to make - if you want to do it "right" according to my neighbor from Iran. Who knew? Now I do. Come on over for dinner.



- Silas learned how to say "octopus". This is a major accomplishment for our quiet little boy.

1 comment:

La Frances said...

Brooke. I am soooo jealous. I want to be there eating pie with you and purple candies too!!!! You and the scarf look beautiful by the way!!!!
I miss you

Penny